Teen Writing Camps with John Claude Bemis
TEEN WRITING CAMPS with John Claude Bemis
Two sessions to choose from:
Monday, July 8-Friday, July 12, 2019 1pm-4pm at Quail Ridge Books
Monday, July 22-Friday, July 26, 2019 1pm-4pm at Quail Ridge Books
Cost: $165 Maximum of 15 spots, minimum of 10 participants.
Camp Description: Spark your teen's imagination this summer! Award-winning author and educator John Claude Bemis (The Clockwork Dark series and Out of Abaton series) will lead a writing camp at Quail Ridge Books for writers ages 13-18. Aspiring authors will engage in fun activities to turn ideas of the imagination into stories on paper (or the laptop). Campers will build a variety of writing skills and have a chance to write, share, and discuss their stories. To learn more about John, visit johnclaudebemis.com.
1) ***SIGN UP FOR JULY 8-JULY 12 HERE***
2) Add the registration fee for the appropriate dates (at the bottom of this page, under the Camp FAQ) to your cart and pay.
1) Other than a laptop or pen/notebook, is there anything else the campers will need to bring?
Campers won't need to bring anything besides the basic tools for writing and their imaginations. You may bring a non-messy snack and water bottle if desired.
2) Do you anticipate there will be any homework? Will there be a finished product (like short story, etc.) from the camp?
The aim of the camp is to encourage creative writing and to have fun dreaming up stories. There won't be any assignments to do at home. This isn't meant to be school! Rather than spending the week focusing on finishing a single project, each day of camp will involve prompts, story element lessons, and creativity-building exercises that will spark the start to a story. At the end of the week, the campers will hopefully have multiple stories started that they can continue over the summer.
3) Will you be critiquing what they write, will there be group feedback sessions, or will feedback not be a part of this?
Students will be encouraged to share their writing aloud at camp. I will provide positive and encouraging feedback that will help writers grow in their skills. I'll establish a supportive and safe environment for campers to share feedback with one another on their writing. Being able to give and receive productive feedback is an important skill for writers and artists.
4) My twelve year old is a good writer. Can he sign up?
No, this camp is for teens 13-18.
5) What if the camp has fewer than 7 registrants?
If we don't meet the minimum registration, the camp will be canceled and your registration will be refunded.
6) What if I need to cancel my registration?
Registrations must be canceled in writing by July 1, 2018. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be refunded your tuition minus a $25 cancellation fee
Free Media Mail shipping on U.S. orders over $50