Stocking Your Book (Consignment)
Congratulations on the publication of your book. We appreciate the effort that this work represents, and we know how proud of it you are.
We will make every effort to examine your book and evaluate its potential for selling in our store as soon as possible. Please be aware, however, that we usually have a large number of books to consider, and there is simply not time to review them all within a short period. We appreciate your patience.
We would like to remind you gently that the following points should be considered before submitting your book:
- It should be professionally proofed, edited, designed, and published.
- It should have a spine with the title and author on it.
- It should be priced comparably to others of its type.
- It should be appropriate for our store; i.e., it should not be in a genre that we do not stock or promote.
- We no longer accept books published by CreateSpace, a division of Amazon.com.
We take self-published or self-promoted books only on a consignment basis. We do not pay shipping for consignment titles. If we accept your book, we will pay you 60% of the retail price for any copies that we sell. We usually review the status of consignment titles 2 or 3 times a year. If a title has not sold well we request the author pick up unsold copies at that time. Copies that are not picked up are donated to a charity of our choice.
If we stock your book, we ask that your promotional material directs customers to Quail Ridge Books for purchasing, and that your website directs orders to our store and to www.indiebound.com, the independent bookstores’ national online site.
If, after reading this you would like us to consider your book, please leave a non-returnable review copy along with contact information for the author and distributor, as well as the wholesale/retail price.
If you are requesting an event with us (and due to the expense of events and volume of requests, we have to turn down most requests), please provide the following information with the copy of your book:
- Why the event would be successful
- Number of family and friends who would attend
- Ways you would promote the event
- Local publicity you could generate
- Whether or not you will be at other stores/venues in this area.
Thank you for sharing your book with us. We wish you every success.
Book Buyers, Quail Ridge Books
|Consignment Author Info Sheet.pdf||50.53 KB|
Free Media Mail shipping on U.S. orders over $75
"Ships from warehouse" books to be shipped: order by Wednesday, 12/6
"Ships from warehouse" books for pickup: order by Tuesday, 12/12