Shop 24/7 with us online -- we're here. You can pick up your books at the store or have them mailed to one or more addresses. Free gift wrap is always available.
Special for online orders:
Free USPS Media Mail Shipping on Domestic Orders over $50
Free shipping for online orders applies to one shipment to one location, and to the price of merchandise after any discounts have been applied. If you choose free shipping and your order falls below the free shipping minimum after your discount is applied, we will contact you for your shipping preference.
Find the books you want throughout the site or search for them using the search tool at the top of every page. For books, type a title, author, or ISBN in the search box. At any time, click the shopping-cart image below the Search tool to show what you've selected so far.
We have a wonderful selection of classical, traditional, jazz and world music in stock. Most CD information is not available on the website, so call (919-828-1588 or 800-672-6789), email (email@example.com), or drop by to check for the music you want. Audio books are available online.
Members of our Readers' Club get 10% off most books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, and other items (excluding newspapers and ebooks) and 30% off current New York Times hardcover bestsellers. Exclusive sales for Readers' Club members are held twice a year (spring and fall). Then members receive a 20% discount on most books and gift items; 15% on CDs and DVDs.
Membership in the Readers' Club costs $15 a year. For educators (pre-K through 12th grade), homeschoolers or seniors 60 and older, membership is free. The discount applies to everyone in your household and to your online orders. Mention your membership in the comments section of the order form. Your original invoice will not reflect any discounts, but they will be applied before your card is charged. Unfortunately, we aren't able to do the calculation on the website yet.
See our discounts page for descriptions of discounts for book clubs, teachers, businesses and for bulk purchases.
If you prefer an autographed copy (if one is available), ask for one in the comments section, where you are asked to note any discounts. Let us know if you want to cancel your order if a signed copy is not available. We do not charge extra for autographed copies!
Sales tax will be charged for all books shipped to North Carolina and New York addresses except for orders made by non-profit organizations that provide their tax-exempt ID number during checkout.
Special for online orders: Free USPS Media Mail Shipping on Domestic Orders over $50
We ship via Media Mail (through the U.S. Post Office) or UPS. Current costs are:
Media Mail: One book is $3.95; each additional book has a $0.50 charge. CDs: Any number for $3.95.
UPS: One book is $10; each additional book has a $1 charge. CDs: Any number for $10.
For non-media items (calendars, bookends, gift items) shipping prices will vary. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for prices.
Free shipping for online orders applies to shipping to one location, and to the price of merchandise after any discounts have been applied. If you choose free shipping and your order falls below the free shipping minimum after your discount is applied, we will contact you for your shipping preference.
Inventory and Availability
If we have your book in the store already, it will be available for pickup or mailing by the next business day. Otherwise, the book will come to us from our suppliers.
|Website says:||Book will be mailed in approximately:|
|available in 1-5 days||1 to 5 business days|
|special order||1 to 3 weeks|
|out of print||Check availability with our partner Biblio|
Pick from several papers year round and some seasonal papers as well. Our regular, year-round selections are:
- Red Stripe
- Blue Stripe
- Green Stripe
- Whimsical Frogs
For the holidays, we also offer:
- Green Holiday Tree paper
- Star of David Hanukkah paper
Need Help? Have Questions?
Call us during store hours, 9 am to 9 pm Monday through Saturday and 10 am to 6 pm Sundays, at (919) 828-1588 or (800) 672-6789 or email us anytime at email@example.com.
Shopping online is fairly straightforward, but here are detailed directions to walk you through the steps.
- Find a book you want in a section of the site, such as Staff Picks or by using the search box at the top of each page.
- Pick the format you want (hard cover, paper back, audio book, large print, etc.). Click on the add to shopping cart button:
- If you want to adjust the quantity (say, get a copy for all the members of your book club), change the quantity and click update cart.
- If you want to keep shopping, click continue shopping. Type your next title in the search box at the top of the page to return to the search page.
- When you are done, click checkout.
- If you are a new website customer, feel free to create an account. Otherwise, just sign in or select to check out anonymously.
- Choose whether to pick up your purchases at Quail Ridge Books or have them mailed.
- If you are having anything shipped, provide the shipping address. Click continue.
- Provide your billing address and credit card and/or gift card information.
- Fill out the Orders Comment box if you are eligible for a discount (see the discount info above). These discounts will be calculated after your order is placed; unfortunately, our shopping cart cannot yet handle discounts.
- Review and revise your order. When you are all set, place the order.
Call us during store hours at (919) 828-1588 or (800) 672-6789 or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.