Bookstore Receiving/Accounting Clerk
Quail Ridge Books, Raleigh’s award-winning independent bookstore, seeks a full time Inventory & Bookkeeping Clerk.
There are 3 main components to this job: Receiving inventory, Accounting, and time on the sales floor as a bookseller to become familiar with the point of sale. Proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Docs is desirable. Quickbooks experience would also be a bonus, but is not required.The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented person with a strong work ethic who likes books, paperwork, and people (though not necessarily in that order).
An inventory/receiving clerk is responsible for:
- receiving books, gift items, and supplies
- processing returns to publishers for overstock items
- processing shipments to customers, clients, and publishers
- verifying the accuracy and condition of each shipment received
- processing online orders for customers
Bookkeeping responsibilities include:
- requesting credit from vendors for short-shipped and damaged merchandise
- matching invoices to purchase orders
- reconciling statements
- performing data entry
- assist in maintaining accounting records and filing documents
- assisting bookkeeper with the processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable
The clerk will also need to learn how to work on the floor as a bookseller:
- helping customers at the register and on the floor
- providing backup for floor staff
- answering the phone
Physical strength and agility are required to bend, stoop, stand, lift, carry, and move heavy boxes of books and merchandise.
Clerk must have:
- ability to maintain accurate records
- ability to do repetitive, detail-oriented work
- ability to work with frequent interruptions
- ability to work effectively with staff
- ability to keep work area clean, orderly and secure
Position requires the ability to work some evenings and weekends.
The ideal candidate will also have retail experience (bookstore-specific experience a big plus), and a love of books and reading.
Please send a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the short answer portion of the attachment below.
|Full Application October 2018 PDF.pdf||39 KB|