Is your organization hosting an event? Are you an author presenting at a local conference, university, or venue? We would be delighted to work with you! Provided below is a general overview of our Outside Sales procedure:
Who we work with:
We partner with authors directly, as well as a broad range of organizations, including universities, libraries, conferences, conventions, non-profits, churches, museums, businesses, etc.
What we provide:
In addition to providing books for the sale, we provide all of the necessary sales equipment (cash box and Square Reader for credit cards), plus bags, bookmarks, display easels, a sign with pricing, and instructions. Your organization or venue will only need to provide a table and space!
How it works:
1. For most events, a volunteer from your organization will pick up the books and sales kit, sell the books at the event, and return the kit and unsold books once the sale is over (you do not pay for books upfront). The kit is very easy to use and instructions are provided. If books sales total at least $200 before tax, the organization will receive a 20% commission on all eligible titles. This is the usual procedure for small to medium events OR conferences that span a few days. This is also great for organizations that would like to use the sale as a fundraiser.
2. For some large events (at least 200 attendees) with limited sales time (~1-3 hours), a Quail Ridge employee may bring the books to your event and staff the sale. We typically set up during the author's presentation and sell books once they are finished speaking. There is no commission for the organization. This would need to be arranged at least 3-4 weeks in advance to ensure that a bookseller is scheduled. We are unfortunately not able to send a bookseller to every requested event.
Stocking books for your event:
How many books and copies we stock for your event is based on a variety of factors, including audience size, the price of the book, the profile of the author, and our experience as booksellers.
• When you contact us, please include the name of your organization, the date and time of the event, the author speaking (if applicable), and the expected audience size.
• As soon as we have a potential book list, we'll make sure the titles are available, and QRB will determine the quantity we will order. It is very rare that stock will run out. If you do insist that we stock more books than we think are necessary, only then will the cost of freight to return unsold books to the publisher be deducted from potential commission.
• We ask for at least three weeks notice before your event. This allows time for the books to arrive at the store and for the kit to be assembled.
If you are interested in partnering with Quail Ridge Books for your event, please fill out the form below. If you are a publicist or have any questions, please contact our Outside Sales Coordinator Kristen by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (919-828-8777).
Thank you for thinking of us. We look forward to working with you!
A PDF of this information is available below.