Khizr Khan - 'An American Family' (Offsite Event)
Khizr Khan and his wife, Ghazala, captivated the country when they brandished the constitution on the stage of the Democratic National Convention. This inspiring memoir by the Gold Star parent is the story of one family’s pursuit of the American dream; an intensely personal story about the nature of true patriotism and what it’s like to risk everything you know for the promise of a 226-year-old piece of parchment. Khizr joins us Tuesday, November 7 at 7pm, at Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, to share his story, An American Family: A Memoir of Hope and Sacrifice.
Receive a signing line ticket with the QRB purchase of An American Family. Books can be bought at the event, but as always, we suggest ordering them beforehand.
Please register for the event here. An RSVP does not guarantee a seat, but helps us determine numbers.
Khizr Khan will be in conversation with Frank Stasio, host of WUNC-FM the State of Things.
A few reminders about this event:
- Books & signing line tickets are now available for pickup in-store, or they may be picked up on the day of the event.
- While you may purchase the book at the event, why wait? Skip the line and pick up your copy at Quail Ridge Books today! Books may be ordered online, by phone: 919-828-1588, or in the store.
- Due to limited seating, backpacks and large bags will not be allowed inside.
- Seats are not guaranteed, so please arrive early.
- Parking is limited, so please consider carpooling.
- We hope to have signed copies available for purchase after the event.
This inspiring memoir by the Muslim American Gold Star father and captivating DNC speaker is the story of one family’s pursuit of the American dream.
NAMED ONE OF THE FIVE BEST MEMOIRS OF THE YEAR BY THE WASHINGTON POST