This is Cancer (Kobo eBook)
Cancer is indiscriminate. It cares little for class, creed or color. Its patients are literally everywhere. When Laura Holmes Haddad was diagnosed, she discovered shelf upon shelf of overly-earnest, somber, gray survival books, and knew there had to be a better way. This Is Cancer is the thoughtful, informative fabulous-looking result for those who prefer their pathos with equal parts humor and reality and a touch of flair. A "what to expect when you're expecting" book for the diagnosis you don't want but are stuck with, This Is Cancer is the book that patients keep in their "heading to the hospital bag," because it's the only one that tells them what's going on and keeps them company.
Including such useful snippets as:
- There is no limit to what you will put yourself through when told it might save your life.
- Stay away from the Internet. And don't let anyone tell you "what they looked up" about your diagnosis.
- You'll be surrounded by people but you'll feel lonely, and alone, sometimes.
- Lexapro is Tylenol for the soul.
- If you don't like your doctor(s), find new ones. You will feel somewhat at the mercy of them, like they hold the key to your mortality, but in fact more than one doctor can potentially save you and some are nice and some are mean.
Whether you or your loved ones want a primer full of useful information in an easy to reference format or a friendly and comforting read, the honest, grave, and mordantly funny stories and tips from young survivors will bring you the real intel and advice that you need most during this tremendously difficult time.
Free Media Mail shipping on U.S. orders over $75