Amma Tell Me about Holi! (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Amma Tell Me series.
- #2: Amma, Tell Me about Diwali! (Amma Tell Me #2) (Paperback): $16.50
- #3: Amma, Tell Me about Ramayana! (Amma Tell Me #3) (Paperback): $16.50
- #4: Amma Tell Me about Krishna!: Part 1 in the Krishna Trilogy (Paperback): $16.50
- #5: Amma Tell Me How Krishna Fought the Demons!: Part 2 in the Krishna Trilogy (Paperback): $16.50
- #6: Amma Tell Me How Krishna Defeated Kansa!: Part 3 in the Krishna Trilogy! (Paperback): $14.50
- #7: Amma, Tell Me about Ganesha! (Amma Tell Me #7) (Paperback): $16.50
- #8: Amma, Tell Me about Hanuman!: Part 1 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Amma Tell Me #8) (Paperback): $16.50
- #9: Amma Tell Me How Hanuman Crossed the Ocean!: Part 2 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Paperback): $16.50
- #10: Amma Tell Me about Hanuman's Adventures in Lanka!: Part 3 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Paperback): $16.50
- #11: Amma Tell Me about Durga Puja! (Paperback): $16.50
- #12: Amma Tell Me about Raksha Bandhan! (Large Print / Paperback): $16.50
- #13: Amma Tell Me about the Avatars of Vishnu!: Part 1 (Paperback): $16.50
Tell your children about Holi, the Indian Festival of Colors, by reading this beautiful children's picture book to them, written in rhyme with captivating illustrations.Siblings Klaka and Kiki gather with their friends and family to celebrate this spring festival which symbolises new beginnings, friendships, forgiveness, and a license to being naughty and playing pranks At the end of the day as Amma tucks the brothers in bed, she answers their countless questions - Why do we color one another on Holi, where does Holi get its name from? Why do we light a fire the night before Holi? Amma Tell Me is a charming and informative series of children's books that introduces the major Hindu festivals and figures to young readers and are perfect for families wanting to share stories of Hinduism with their children or for educators looking for resources on Hindu culture for their students. The series brings Hindu mythology to its readers in a fun and non-preachy way. The Series has fourteen books. For ages 2 to 8.
About the Author
Bhakti Mathur is the author of the 'Amma Tell Me' and 'Amma Take Me' series of children's books about Indian mythology and history, with 18 published titles to date. After a long stint as a banker, she now juggles her time between writing, practicing yoga, and with her family. She lives in Hong Kong with her husband, their two children, and two dogs. She holds a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Hong Kong and is a freelance journalist with over 88 published articles in the South China Morning Post on life, health, and fitness. Bhakti is an ICF credentialed (ACC) executive coach and a bibliotherapist. When not writing or running after her boys, Bhakti is happiest curled up with a book in one hand and a hot cup of chai in the other. For more information, please visit bhaktimathur.com; reflectwithbhakti.com; bookswithb.net.
Free Media Mail shipping on U.S. orders over $75