Danger on the Stage (Virginia Mysteries #11) (Paperback)
(NOTE: This book cannot be returned and may not be eligible for discounts.)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Virginia Mysteries series.
- #1: Summer of the Woods (Virginia Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Mystery on Church Hill (Virginia Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Ghosts of Belle Isle (Virginia Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $10.99
- #4: Secret of the Staircase (Virginia Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Midnight at the Mansion (Virginia Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Shadows at Jamestown (Virginia Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $10.99
- #7: Spies at Mount Vernon (Virginia Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $10.99
- #8: Escape from Monticello (Virginia Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $10.99
- #9: Pictures at the Protest (Virginia Mysteries #9) (Paperback): $10.99
- #10: Pirates on the Bay (Virginia Mysteries #10) (Paperback): $10.99
Could the race to solve a mysterious on-stage accident spell curtains for Sam, Derek, and Caitlin?
When the brothers join Caitlin and her parents on a weekend trip to the southwest Virginia town of Abingdon, they can't wait to watch their favorite actor perform at the historic Barter Theatre.
But in the middle of a performance of Red Riding Hood, something goes terribly wrong. When the theater is shut down, the kids must get to the bottom of the sinister plot. What's the connection to the threatening letters? Was it the ghost of Robert Porterfield, who opened the Barter back in 1933 when he offered shows to local patrons in exchange for produce? Is the Martha Washington Inn, the Civil War-era hotel across the street, really haunted? Do wolves still roam The Virginia Creeper Trail, where Daniel Boone's hunting party was attacked in 1760?
Secrets from the past are hiding just off stage in the shadows. Can the kids uncover the truth before the theater's final act, or will their names be next on the hit list?
Danger on the Stage is the eleventh book in The Virginia Mysteries series, but it can easily be read as a standalone. The story is the perfect complement to social studies units, field trips, and family vacations related to southwest Virginia, early American pioneer Daniel Boone, The Virginia Creeper and Appalachian Trails, trains, forestry, and more.
If you enjoy mystery and adventure like the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Magic Tree House, or National Treasure, you'll love author Steven K. Smith's exciting middle-grade series. The stories are modern-day fictional mysteries with twists of real locations and events from history. These fast-paced books are popular with both boys and girls ages 7-12, appealing to even reluctant readers
The Virginia Mysteries Series
Book 1 - Summer of the Woods
Book 2 - Mystery on Church Hill
Book 3 - Ghosts of Belle Isle
Book 4 - Secret of the Staircase
Book 5 - Midnight at the Mansion
Book 6 - Shadows at Jamestown
Book 7 - Spies at Mount Vernon
Book 8 - Escape from Monticello
Book 9 - Pictures at the Protest
Book 10 - Pirates on the Bay
Book 11 - Danger on the Stage
Free Media Mail shipping on U.S. orders over $75