Louise's Blunder: A 1940s Spy Thriller Set in Wartime Washington (Louise Pearlie Mystery #4) (Paperback)
On our shelves now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Louise Pearlie Mystery series.
- #2: Louise's Gamble (Louise Pearlie Mystery #2) (Hardcover): $28.95
- #3: Louise's Dilemma (Louise Pearlie Mysteries #3) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.95
- #5: Louise's Chance: A 1940s Spy Thriller Set in Wartime Washington (Louise Pearlie Mystery #5) (Paperback): $17.95
- #6: Louise's Lies: A 1940s Spy Thriller Set in Wartime Washington D.C. (Louise Pearlie Mystery #6) (Paperback): $17.95
- #7: Louise's Crossing (Louise Pearlie Mystery #7) (Paperback): $17.95
1940s, Washington DC. Government girl Louise is blackmailed into investigating the suspicious death of a missing co-worker, with sinister consequences
1940s, Washington DC. Government Girl Louise Pearlie is asked to review the file usage of a missing analyst from the Office of Strategic Services - the US's wartime intelligence agency - only to learn he'd drowned in the Tidal Basin days before. OSS confirm it was an accident, and Louise is sent back to her regular job in the file rooms.Her time spent investigating Paul Hughes at least has one positive outcome, though: Louise meets a young woman in the OSS Reading Room, who asks her to join her 'salon', where she is encouraged to talk about controversial issues like racial segregation and equal pay for women. Socializing with the women helps her cope with her beau Joe Prager's transfer to New York City. But Louise's life soon takes a dangerous and sinister turn, and she can't help but worry if she'll wind up floating in the Tidal Basin herself . . .