Great Day Hikes on North Carolina's Mountains-To-Sea Trail (Southern Gateways Guides) (Paperback)
On our shelves now
The Mountains-to-Sea Trail is an 1,175-mile destination trail that crosses North Carolina from Clingmans Dome in Great Smoky Mountains National Park to Jockey's Ridge State Park on the Outer Banks. It traverses 37 counties, 7 national parks and forests, and nearly a dozen state parks and historic sites. This is the first-ever guide to day hikes along the crown jewel of North Carolina foot trails. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or new to the outdoors, this official guide from Friends of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail is your go-to companion for exploring all the trail has to offer, showcasing everything from scenic mountain vistas to surprising escapes in the state's Piedmont region and the wonders of coastal plain pocosins.
- 40 hikes carefully chosen to appeal to hikers of all experience levels
- Helpful hike finder feature to identify the perfect hikes for birding, waterfalls, history, universal accessibility, and more
- Turn-by-turn guidance and key points of interest for each hike
- Full-color maps and photographs
- Helpful information about the trail's history and ongoing development
About the Author
Friends of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail is a nonprofit organization that brings together communities and volunteers to build, maintain, and improve the Mountains-to-Sea Trail. Jim Grode is the trail resource manager for Friends of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail.