The Careful Use of Compliments (Isabel Dalhousie Series #4) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Isabel Dalhousie Series series.
- #1: The Sunday Philosophy Club (Isabel Dalhousie Series #1) (Paperback): $15.00
- #2: Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (Isabel Dalhousie Series #2) (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: The Right Attitude to Rain (Isabel Dalhousie Series #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #5: The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday (Isabel Dalhousie Series #5) (Paperback): $14.00
- #6: The Lost Art of Gratitude (Isabel Dalhousie Series #6) (Paperback): $14.00
- #7: The Charming Quirks of Others (Isabel Dalhousie Series #7) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #8: The Forgotten Affairs of Youth (Isabel Dalhousie Series #8) (Paperback): $14.95
- #9: The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (Isabel Dalhousie Series #9) (Paperback): $14.95
- #10: The Novel Habits of Happiness (Isabel Dalhousie Series #10) (Paperback): $15.00
- #11: A Distant View of Everything: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (11) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #11) (Paperback): $15.00
- #12: The Quiet Side of Passion: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (12) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #12) (Paperback): $15.95
- #13: The Geometry of Holding Hands: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (13) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #13) (Large Print / Paperback): $29.00
ISABEL DALHOUSIE - Book 4
Nothing captures the charm of Edinburgh like the bestselling Isabel Dalhousie series of novels featuring the insatiably curious philosopher and woman detective. Whether investigating a case or a problem of philosophy, the indefatigable Isabel Dalhousie, one of fiction’s most richly developed amateur detectives, is always ready to pursue the answers to all of life’s questions, large and small.
In the fourth installment of this enchanting, beloved series, Isabel Dalhousie, who is now a mother, returns to investigate an irresistible puzzle in the art world.
Isabel Dalhousie—the nosiest and most sympathetic philosopher you are likely to meet—now has a son, Charlie, whose doting father Jamie has an intriguing idea to pose to Isabel: marriage. But Isabel wonders if Jamie is too young to be serious? And how would Cat respond? On top of these matters, the ambitious Professor Dove has seized Isabel's position as editor of the Review of Applied Ethics. However, nothing it seems can diminish Isabel's innate curiosity. And when she recognizes that two paintings attributed to a deceased artist have simultaneously appeared on the market, she can't help but think that they're forgeries. So Isabel begins an investigation and soon finds herself diverted from her musings about parenthood and onto a path of inquiry into the soul of an artist.
About the Author
Alexander McCall Smith is the author of the international phenomenon The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, the Isabel Dalhousie series, the Portuguese Irregular Verbs series, and the 44 Scotland Street series. He is professor emeritus of medical law at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland and has served on many national and international bodies concerned with bioethics.www.AlexanderMcCallSmith.com
“Delightful…. McCall Smith's talent for dialog is matched only by his gift for characterization.”—Chicago Tribune “Just the right sort of thing to slip into a suitcase for an end-of-summer vacation.”—Dallas-Ft. Worth Star Telegram“Isabel Dalhousie is one of the most irresistible sleuths in modern fiction.”—Tucson Citizen