Diastasis Recti: The Whole-Body Solution to Abdominal Weakness and Separation (Paperback)
Our abdominal muscles are rarely "broken"; rather their weakness is a reflection of how little we use our entire body. Whether you have diastasis recti, a hernia, are postnatal, or simply have a very weak midsection--this is the definitive "whole-body" guide to restoring your core Abdominal muscles have many important jobs―twisting the spine safely, accommodating pregnancy, protecting your abdominal organs, and even breathing are just some of the jobs we want them to do well. Many will try to fix their middle though crunches and other abdominal exercises without realizing that things like tight shoulder muscles, poor posture habits, and even our breathing patterns can be affecting what's going on in our abs.
In Diastasis Recti, biomechanist Katy Bowman:
- Gives 30+ exercises, organized into Small, Medium, and Big Moves
- Expands the core to include essential parts, like the shoulders and pelvis (and how movement patterns here can worsen abdominal separations)
- Explains why it's better to think of a diastasis (abdominal hernias, or even weakness) as a symptom rather than as "the problem"
- Teaches 5 simple postural adjustments to change the forces on the front of the abdomen
- Notes that in addition to exercises, you can sit, stand, and walk for a stronger core
By making the material understandable, approachable, and achievable, Bowman offers an outstanding and necessary guide to diastasis recti and many other abdomen-related issues. Everyone can benefit from these insights and improve their health in an empowered and proactive way. --Foreword Reviews Diastasis Recti is for anybody wanting to improve both the function and the appearance of their abdomen
Free Media Mail shipping on U.S. orders over $75