Miss Julia Weathers the Storm: A Novel (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the Miss Julia series.
- #2: Miss Julia Takes Over: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #3: Miss Julia Throws a Wedding: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Miss Julia Hits the Road: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: Miss Julia Meets Her Match: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: Miss Julia's School of Beauty: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: Miss Julia Stands Her Ground: A Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #8: Miss Julia Strikes Back: A Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #9: Miss Julia Paints the Town: A Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #10: Miss Julia Delivers the Goods: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #11: Miss Julia Renews Her Vows: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #12: Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: Miss Julia to the Rescue: A Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #14: Miss Julia Stirs Up Trouble: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: Miss Julia's Marvelous Makeover: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #16: Miss Julia Lays Down the Law: A Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #17: Miss Julia Inherits a Mess: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #19: Miss Julia Raises the Roof (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #20: Miss Julia Takes the Wheel: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #21: Miss Julia Knows a Thing or Two: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #22: Miss Julia Happily Ever After: A Novel (Hardcover): $27.00
In the latest installment of Ann B. Ross's New York Times bestselling series, Miss Julia takes a trip to the beach, only to confront a hurricane roiling off the coast--and all the trouble it washes ashore
Miss Julia's sweet and generous husband, Sam, has decided to take a big group trip to the beach, inviting family and friends. While Miss Julia prepares for the big trip, her longtime friend LuAnne comes to her with a horrifying discovery--her husband may be cheating on her. Julia invites LuAnne along to the beach to get away and clear her head--and to keep from doing anything rash.
Everyone settles into the rental house and six-year-old Latisha, their beloved housekeeper Lillian's great-grandaughter, is having a blast searching for seashells when she discovers some much more valuable treasures that have washed up from a strong storm off the coast. As the storm nears, the crew packs up to head back to Abbotsville, and it appears that the three strangers they met on the beach--who seemed a bit too interested in little Latisha's treasures--have followed them back to their sleepy town.
In Miss Julia Weathers the Storm, another highly entertaining and delightful installment in the series by Ann B. Ross, Miss Julia must rely on her quick wit and strong will to protect Latisha, get to the bottom of LuAnne's predicament, and once again save the day.
Watch out for Ross's Miss Julia Raises the Roof, coming in April 2018!
About the Author
Ann B. Ross is the author of eighteen novels featuring the popular Southern heroine Miss Julia, as well as Etta Mae's Worst Bad-Luck Day, a novel about one of Abbotsville's other most outspoken residents: Etta Mae Wiggins. Ross holds a doctorate in English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and has taught literature at the University of North Carolina at Asheville. She lives in Hendersonville, North Carolina.
"The main pleasure lies not in the mystery, a comfortable puzzler, but in the time spent among engaging small-town characters as they cope with the joys and demands of day-to-day life."
Praise for Ann B. Ross and the Miss Julia series:
"Ross has a gift for elevating such everyday matters as marital strife and the hazards of middle age to high comedy, while painting her beautifully drawn characters with wit and sympathy."
“A charming, fun adventure with new relatives, old secrets and a will putting Miss Julia and the Abbotsville regulars in a true Southern mess. I loved it!” —Duffy Brown, bestselling author of the Consignment Shop Mysteries
"Ann B. Ross develops characters so expertly, through quirks, names, and mannerisms, that they easily feel familiar as the reader is gently immersed into the world Miss Ross has created. . . . A delightful read." —Winston-Salem Journal
"Miss Julia is one of the most delightful characters to come along in years. Ann B. Ross has created what is sure to become a classic Southern comic novel. Hooray for Miss Julia, I could not have liked it more." —Fannie Flagg, author of The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion
"Yes, Miss Julia is back, and I, for one, am one happy camper." —J. A. Jance, author of Cold Betrayal