Louise's Crossing (Louise Pearlie Mystery #7) (Hardcover)
On our shelves now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Louise Pearlie Mystery series.
- #2: Louise's Gamble (Louise Pearlie Mystery #2) (Hardcover): $28.95
- #3: Louise's Dilemma (Louise Pearlie Mysteries #3) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.95
- #4: Louise's Blunder: A 1940s Spy Thriller Set in Wartime Washington (Louise Pearlie Mystery #4) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.95
- #5: Louise's Chance: A 1940s Spy Thriller Set in Wartime Washington (Louise Pearlie Mystery #5) (Hardcover): $28.95
- #6: Louise's Lies: A 1940s Spy Thriller Set in Wartime Washington D.C. (Louise Pearlie Mystery #6) (Hardcover): $32.95
'A cracking-good read, a geuinely suspenseful mystery set against a vividly realized WWII backdrop, laced with plenty of shipboard suspense.'Booklist Government girl Louise Pearlie is thrilled to be posted to London, but her journey across the Atlantic proves to be anything but plain sailing... February, 1944. Washington D.C. With the war entering its most dangerous phase, Louise Pearlie is thrilled to be reassigned to the London office of the OSS. But in order to take up her new post, she must make a perilous crossing of the Atlantic Ocean in the SS Amelia Earhart. Accompanying her on the voyage to Liverpool are an eclectic group of passengers, including the aloof Blanche Bryant, whose husband, Eddie, died in mysterious circumstances on the ship's voyage out to New York three months before. Most of the same crew and passengers are on the return voyage, and one question remains: was it really suicide? When the body of one of the passengers is found on deck, it's clear that German bombs and raging storms aren't the only threats to Louise's safety. Can she expose a brutal killer before the ship docks in England?