Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Sammy Keyes series.
- #1: Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Sammy Keyes and the Skeleton Man (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: Sammy Keyes and the Runaway Elf (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Sammy Keyes and the Curse of Moustache Mary (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy (Paperback): $7.99
- #7: Sammy Keyes and the Search for Snake Eyes (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: Sammy Keyes and the Art of Deception (Paperback): $7.99
- #9: Sammy Keyes and the Psycho Kitty Queen (Paperback): $7.99
- #10: Sammy Keyes and the Dead Giveaway (Paperback): $7.99
- #11: Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things (Paperback): $7.99
- #12: Sammy Keyes and the Cold Hard Cash (Paperback): $7.99
- #13: Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher (Paperback): $8.99
- #14: Sammy Keyes and the Night of Skulls (Paperback): $10.99
- #15: Sammy Keyes and the Power of Justice Jack (Paperback): $7.99
- #16: Sammy Keyes and the Showdown in Sin City (Paperback): $7.99
- #17: Sammy Keyes and the Killer Cruise (Paperback): $7.99
- #18: Sammy Keyes and the Kiss Goodbye (Paperback): $9.99
Sometimes it's hard to tell the saints from the sinners...
Sammy was supposed to be in church to get out of trouble, not into more. But while she's at St. Mary's working off some school detention time, a valuable cross goes missing and Sammy becomes the prime suspect.
She knows she's innocent, and also what it feels like to lose something important. Her treasured catcher's mitt has been stolen--heartless Heather must have taken it to throw Sammy off her game in the upcoming softball play-offs. Trouble is, it's working. Sammy needs that glove back.
Throw in nuns in feather boas, a homeless girl in high-tops, a carrot-chomping dog, and a safe that needs cracking, and you've got just another week in the life of Sammy Keyes.
Praise for the Sammy Keyes series:
“Sammy Keyes is feisty, fearless, and funny. A top-notch investigator!” —New York Times bestselling author Sue Grafton
“The sleuth delights from start to finish. Keep your binoculars trained on Sammy Keyes.” —Publishers Weekly
“Sammy Keyes is the hottest sleuth to appear in children’s books since Nancy Drew.”—The Boston Globe
About the Author
WENDELIN VAN DRAANEN was a classroom teacher for many years before becoming a full-time writer. The books in the Sammy Keyes mystery series have been embraced by critics and readers alike, with Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief receiving the Edgar Allan Poe Award for best children’s mystery. Wendelin is also the author of many award-winning novels, including Flipped, The Running Dream, Runaway, Confessions of a Serial Kisser, Swear to Howdy, The Secret Life of Lincoln Jones, and Wild Bird. You can find her online at WendelinVanDraanen.com and @WendelinVanD, and you can follow Sammy Keyes on Facebook.
Praise for the Sammy Keyes series:
“Van Draanen offers such an explosive combination of high-stakes sleuthing, hilarity, and breathlessly paced action that it’s impossible to turn the pages fast enough.” —Kirkus Reviews
“There’s no stopping Sammy.”—Publishers Weekly
“An intelligent, gutsy, flawed, and utterly likable heroine.”—Booklist
"Move over, Nancy Drew—a new sleuth is on the scene.”—Girls’ Life
"Think a combination of Carl Hiaasen’s Flush and Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum books and you’ll be right on target.” —School Library Journal
“A high-quality, high-amp mystery series.” —The Horn Book
“This funny, clever series is NOT for kids only. I challenge the most seasoned mystery reader to guess ‘who done it.’” —Cozies, Capers, and Crimes
“Sammy Keyes comes armed with attitude.” —Orlando Sentinel
“Sammy doesn’t find mysteries to solve—they find her.” —Arizona Republic
“Humor, romance and adventure; this story is an absolute blast.” —Chicago Tribune
“If you haven’t met Sammy Keyes yet, now is the time.” —Children’s Literature
Free Media Mail shipping on U.S. orders over $75