Miss Julia Inherits a Mess: A Novel (Paperback)
List Price: $17.00
Our Price: $16.00
(Save: $1.00 6%)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the Miss Julia series.
- #2: Miss Julia Takes Over: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #3: Miss Julia Throws a Wedding: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Miss Julia Hits the Road: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: Miss Julia Meets Her Match: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: Miss Julia's School of Beauty: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: Miss Julia Stands Her Ground: A Novel (Paperback): $15.00
- #8: Miss Julia Strikes Back: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: Miss Julia Paints the Town: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #10: Miss Julia Delivers the Goods: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #11: Miss Julia Renews Her Vows: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #12: Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: Miss Julia to the Rescue: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: Miss Julia Stirs Up Trouble: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: Miss Julia's Marvelous Makeover: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #16: Miss Julia Lays Down the Law: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #18: Miss Julia Weathers the Storm: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #19: Miss Julia Raises the Roof (Hardcover): $27.00
- #20: Miss Julia Takes the Wheel (Hardcover): $27.00
- #21: Miss Julia Knows a Thing or Two: A Novel (Hardcover): $27.00
- #22: Miss Julia Happily Ever After: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
In this entry in Ann B. Ross's New York Times bestselling series, Miss Julia finds herself an executrix on a desperate hunt for a valuable antique so she can honor her friend's last wishes. Don't miss her newest, Miss Julia Raises the Roof, coming April 2018 from Viking.
When Miss Julia hears that Miss Mattie Freeman has taken a fall and is in the hospital, she wishes she'd spent more time getting to know the woman--and not just because she's last to hear about the accident! So when the tumble proves fatal, the last thing Miss Julia expects is a phone call from Ernest Sitton, Attorney at Law. Suddenly Miss Julia finds herself the executrix of Miss Mattie's estate, and from what Ernest has to say, Miss Mattie's coffers weren't exactly full.
Determined to find something of value for Miss Mattie's beneficiaries, Miss Julia is faced with a room full of clutter that's now hers to disperse. With the lovelorn caretaker Etta Mae Wiggins working overtime, her good friend Mildred Allen on bed rest, and Helen Stroud cataloging Miss Mattie's furniture, Miss Julia soon realizes she's got a blue-million things to do to honor her friend's last wishes. Thank goodness for Miss Mattie's handsome young neighbor, Nate Wheeler, who's ever ready to help out, and of course for Sam, who's always willing to lend an ear.
But when a young man claiming to be Miss Mattie's great-nephew turns up, demanding to live in her apartment while he writes a family history, Miss Julia will find herself closer to Mattie Freeman and her mysterious family than ever before. In this seventeenth installment in the Miss Julia series, Ann B. Ross delivers another hilarious and big-hearted novel celebrating the South's favorite steel magnolia and the unforgettable residents of Abottsville.
About the Author
Ann B. Ross holds a doctorate in English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and has taught literature at the University of North Carolina at Asheville. She is the author of sixteen previous novels featuring the popular southern heroine Miss Julia, as well as Etta Mae's Worst Bad-Luck Day, a novel about one of Abbotsville's other most outspoken residents: Etta Mae Wiggins. Ann Ross lives in Hendersonville, North Carolina.
Praise for Ann Ross and the Miss Julia series
"Ann B. Ross develops characters so expertly, through quirks, names, and mannerisms, that they easily feel familiar as the reader is gently immersed into the world Miss Ross has created . . . A delightful read."--Winston-Salem Journal
"Miss Julia is one of the most delightful characters to come along in years. Ann B. Ross has created what is sure to become a classic Southern comic novel. Hooray for Miss Julia, I could not have liked it more."--Fannie Flagg, author of The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion
"Yes, Miss Julia is back, and I, for one, am one happy camper."--J.A. Jance, author of Cold Betrayal
Free Media Mail shipping on U.S. orders over $50