Miss Julia's School of Beauty: A Novel (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Miss Julia series.
- #2: Miss Julia Takes Over: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #3: Miss Julia Throws a Wedding: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Miss Julia Hits the Road: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: Miss Julia Meets Her Match: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: Miss Julia Stands Her Ground: A Novel (Paperback): $15.00
- #8: Miss Julia Strikes Back: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: Miss Julia Paints the Town: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #10: Miss Julia Delivers the Goods: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #11: Miss Julia Renews Her Vows: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #12: Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: Miss Julia to the Rescue: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: Miss Julia Stirs Up Trouble: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: Miss Julia's Marvelous Makeover: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #16: Miss Julia Lays Down the Law: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #17: Miss Julia Inherits a Mess: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #18: Miss Julia Weathers the Storm: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #19: Miss Julia Raises the Roof (Hardcover): $27.00
- #20: Miss Julia Takes the Wheel (Hardcover): $27.00
- #21: Miss Julia Knows a Thing or Two: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #22: Miss Julia Happily Ever After: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
Imagine Aunt Bee from The Andy Griffith Show with a lot more backbone and confidence," wrote Publishers Weekly about Miss Julia, Ann Ross's endearing Dixie doyenne of decorum. Don't miss her latest, Miss Julia Raises the Roof, coming April 2018 from Viking.
In her latest romp, Miss Julia—now Mrs. Sam Murdoch—returns from her whirlwind elopement, only to find herself roped into Hazel Marie's scheme to raise money by throwing a beauty pageant. Though it all seems a tad distasteful, it's nothing compared to the revelation that Pigeon Forge, the marriage mill across the state line that wedded Julia and Sam, might not be legitimate. And a flustered Julia can't help wondering whether she and Sam can keep up appearances before the town finds out they might be living in sin.
About the Author
Ann B. Ross is the author of eighteen novels featuring the popular Southern heroine Miss Julia, as well as Etta Mae's Worst Bad-Luck Day, a novel about one of Abbotsville's other most outspoken residents: Etta Mae Wiggins. Ross holds a doctorate in English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and has taught literature at the University of North Carolina at Asheville. She lives in Hendersonville, North Carolina.
Praise for Ann B. Ross and the Miss Julia series:
"Ross has a gift for elevating such everyday matters as marital strife and the hazards of middle age to high comedy, while painting her beautifully drawn characters with wit and sympathy."
“A charming, fun adventure with new relatives, old secrets and a will putting Miss Julia and the Abbotsville regulars in a true Southern mess. I loved it!” —Duffy Brown, bestselling author of the Consignment Shop Mysteries
"Ann B. Ross develops characters so expertly, through quirks, names, and mannerisms, that they easily feel familiar as the reader is gently immersed into the world Miss Ross has created. . . . A delightful read." —Winston-Salem Journal
"Miss Julia is one of the most delightful characters to come along in years. Ann B. Ross has created what is sure to become a classic Southern comic novel. Hooray for Miss Julia, I could not have liked it more." —Fannie Flagg, author of The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion
"Yes, Miss Julia is back, and I, for one, am one happy camper." —J. A. Jance, author of Cold Betrayal