Miss Julia Throws a Wedding: A Novel (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Miss Julia series.
- #2: Miss Julia Takes Over: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Miss Julia Hits the Road: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: Miss Julia Meets Her Match: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: Miss Julia's School of Beauty: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: Miss Julia Stands Her Ground: A Novel (Paperback): $15.00
- #8: Miss Julia Strikes Back: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: Miss Julia Paints the Town: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #10: Miss Julia Delivers the Goods: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #11: Miss Julia Renews Her Vows: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #12: Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: Miss Julia to the Rescue: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: Miss Julia Stirs Up Trouble: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: Miss Julia's Marvelous Makeover: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #16: Miss Julia Lays Down the Law: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #17: Miss Julia Inherits a Mess: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #18: Miss Julia Weathers the Storm: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #19: Miss Julia Raises the Roof (Hardcover): $27.00
- #20: Miss Julia Takes the Wheel: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #21: Miss Julia Knows a Thing or Two: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #22: Miss Julia Happily Ever After: A Novel (Hardcover): $27.00
Read the 3rd installment in tyhe New York Times bestselling series about Miss Julia, the proper lady of a certain age with a backbone of iron and perfect Steel Magnolia poise, not to mention the sharpest tongue south of the Mason-Dixon Line. And don't miss Ann Ross's newest, Miss Julia Raises the Roof, coming April 2018 from Viking.
In Miss Julia Throws a Wedding, we find her feeling a little wistful when Hazel Marie, once her late husband's paramour and now her best friend, prepares to move out and live in sin with that marriage-shy Mr. Pickens. Suddenly, to Miss Julia's delight, a wedding is in the offing: Handsome Deputy Coleman Bates and attorney Binkie Enloe announce their plans to run down to the courthouse and tie the knot. But Miss Julia insists they have a real wedding ceremony and vows to make it happen. When a missing preacher, a crowd of uninvited guests, and a queasy bride threaten the happy event, Miss Julia is there to restore order, confirming her undying motto: if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself!
About the Author
Ann B. Ross is the author of eighteen novels featuring the popular Southern heroine Miss Julia, as well as Etta Mae's Worst Bad-Luck Day, a novel about one of Abbotsville's other most outspoken residents: Etta Mae Wiggins. Ross holds a doctorate in English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and has taught literature at the University of North Carolina at Asheville. She lives in Hendersonville, North Carolina.
"The third Miss Julia is just as fun as the first two.... You can count on Miss Julia to conquer adversity, one way or another, and you can count on thoroughly enjoying yourself while you read how she does it." —The Winston-Salem Journal
Praise for Ann B. Ross and the Miss Julia series:
"Ross has a gift for elevating such everyday matters as marital strife and the hazards of middle age to high comedy, while painting her beautifully drawn characters with wit and sympathy."
“A charming, fun adventure with new relatives, old secrets and a will putting Miss Julia and the Abbotsville regulars in a true Southern mess. I loved it!” —Duffy Brown, bestselling author of the Consignment Shop Mysteries
"Ann B. Ross develops characters so expertly, through quirks, names, and mannerisms, that they easily feel familiar as the reader is gently immersed into the world Miss Ross has created. . . . A delightful read." —Winston-Salem Journal
"Miss Julia is one of the most delightful characters to come along in years. Ann B. Ross has created what is sure to become a classic Southern comic novel. Hooray for Miss Julia, I could not have liked it more." —Fannie Flagg, author of The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion
"Yes, Miss Julia is back, and I, for one, am one happy camper." —J. A. Jance, author of Cold Betrayal