Kingdom of Bones: A Thriller (Sigma Force Novels #22) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 22 in the Sigma Force Novels series.
- #1: Map of Bones: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #1) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Black Order: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: The Judas Strain: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #3) (Hardcover): $25.95
- #4: The Judas Strain: A SIGMA Force Novel (SIGMA Force Novels #4) (Compact Disc): $55.99
- #5: The Doomsday Key: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #5) (Large Print / Paperback): $28.99
- #6: The Devil Colony: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #6) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #7: Bloodline: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #7) (Paperback): $16.99
- #8: The Eye of God: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #8) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #9: The 6th Extinction: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #9) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #10: The Bone Labyrinth: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #10) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: The Seventh Plague: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #11) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #12: The Seventh Plague: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #12) (Large Print / Paperback): $29.99
- #13: Crucible: A Thriller (Sigma Force Novels #13) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #15: The Last Odyssey CD: A Thriller (Sigma Force Novels #15) (CD-Audio): $44.99
From #1 New York Times bestselling author James Rollins, the latest riveting, deeply imaginative thriller in the Sigma Force series, told with his trademark blend of cutting-edge science, historical mystery, and pulse-pounding action.
It begins in Africa . . .
A United Nations relief team in a small village in the Congo makes an alarming discovery. An unknown force is leveling the evolutionary playing field. Men, women, and children have been reduced to a dull, catatonic state. The environment surrounding them—plants and animals—has grown more cunning and predatory, evolving at an exponential pace. The insidious phenomenon is spreading from a cursed site in the jungle — known to locals as the Kingdom of Bones —and sweeping across Africa, threatening the rest of the world.
What has made the biosphere run amok? Is it a natural event? Or more terrifyingly, did someone engineer it?
Commander Gray Pierce and Sigma Force are prepared for the extraordinary and have kept the world safe, vigilance for which they have paid a tragic personal price. Yet, even these brilliant and seasoned scientific warriors do not understand what is behind this frightening development—or know how to stop it. As they race to find answers, the members of Sigma quickly realize they have become the prey.
To head off global catastrophe, Sigma Force must risk their lives to uncover the shattering secret at the heart of the African continent—a truth that will illuminate who we are as a species and where we may be headed . . . sooner than we know.
Mother Nature—red in tooth and claw—is turning against humankind, propelling the entire world into the Kingdom of Bones.
About the Author
James Rollins is the author of international thrillers that have been translated into more than forty languages. His Sigma series has been lauded as one of the "top crowd pleasers" (New York Times) and one of the "hottest summer reads" (People magazine). In each novel, acclaimed for its originality, Rollins unveils unseen worlds, scientific breakthroughs, and historical secrets--and he does it all at breakneck speed and with stunning insight. He lives in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
“Bestseller Rollins’s excellent 15th Sigma Force novel... marries nail-biting action with a highly imaginative premise….This is a thoughtful, nonstop thrill ride that’s an exemplar of an escapist page-turner”
— Publishers Weekly (starred review) on The Last Odyssey
“Rollins balances action-adventure, history, mythology and science in a truly imaginative story. All of the elements harmonize in this page-turner, which takes his team of adventurers into the very gates of Hell. This is one of Rollins’s best novels, and a perfect book to get immersed in during these turbulent times.”
— Seattle Times on The Last Odyssey
“Rollins spins an entertaining thriller.”
— Kirkus Reviews on The Last Odyssey
“Science fiction and archaeology have had a long relationship. The link is a conviction that there is a hidden truth in the relics of dead civilizations…and that this can be uncovered by what we now know about science… The dominant figure in this area of fiction right now is James Rollins.”
— Wall Street Journal
“Nobody does this stuff better.”
— Lee Child