The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms #21) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 21 in the Serge Storms series.
- #1: Florida Roadkill: A Novel (Serge Storms #1) (Paperback): $14.99
- #2: Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Orange Crush (Serge Storms #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Triggerfish Twist (Serge Storms #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: The Stingray Shuffle (Serge Storms #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Cadillac Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Torpedo Juice (Serge Storms #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: The Big Bamboo (Serge Storms #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Hurricane Punch (Serge Storms #9) (Large Print / Paperback): $24.95
- #10: Atomic Lobster (Serge Storms #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Nuclear Jellyfish: A Novel (Serge Storms #11) (Paperback): $13.99
- #12: Gator A-Go-Go: A Novel (Serge Storms #12) (Large Print / Paperback): $24.99
- #13: Electric Barracuda: A Novel (Serge Storms #13) (Paperback): $15.99
- #14: When Elves Attack: A Joyous Christmas Greeting from the Criminal Nutbars of the Sunshine State (Serge Storms #14) (Paperback): $12.99
- #15: Pineapple Grenade: A Novel (Serge Storms #15) (Paperback): $13.99
- #16: The Riptide Ultra-Glide: A Novel (Serge Storms #16) (Paperback): $15.99
- #17: Tiger Shrimp Tango Lib/E (Serge Storms #17) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #18: Tiger Shrimp Tango: A Novel (Serge Storms #18) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #19: Shark Skin Suite: A Novel (Serge Storms #19) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #20: Coconut Cowboy: A Novel (Serge Storms #20) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #22: No Sunscreen for the Dead: A Novel (Serge Storms #22) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #23: Naked Came the Florida Man: A Novel (Serge Storms #23) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #24: Tropic of Stupid: A Novel (Serge Storms #24) (Hardcover): $27.99
From Florida’s king of mayhem—"compulsively irreverent and shockingly funny" (Boston Globe) New York Times bestselling author Tim Dorsey—comes a diabolically madcap adventure featuring the indomitable Serge A. Storms.
No one worships the Sunshine State as much as Serge A. Storms. Perpetually hunting Floridian arcana and lore, he and his permanently baked sidekick, Coleman, are on the road again. This time they’re on a frenzied literary pilgrimage that leads them back to Riviera Beach, the cozy seaside town where the boys spent their formative years.
Growing up, Serge was enthralled by the Legend of Riviera Beach, aka Darby, a welder at the port who surfed the local waves long before the hot spots were hot. A god on the water, the big-hearted surfer was a friend to everyone—the younger surfers, cops, politicians, wealthy businessmen and ordinary Joes—a generosity of spirit that earned him the admiration of all. Meanwhile, there was a much murkier legend that made the rounds of the schoolyards from Serge’s youth—that of the crazy hermit living in a makeshift jungle compound farther up the mysterious Loxahatchee River than anyone dared to venture.
Then Serge moved away. But never forgot.
Now he’s back, with those legends looming larger than ever in the rearview mirror of his memory. As his literary odyssey moves north from Key West, closer and closer to his old stomping grounds, Serge digs into the past as only Serge can. Along the way, he unintentionally disturbs some long-forgotten ground, attracting the attention of a cast of villains that only Florida can produce.
As the body count grows, so does the list of questions:
Why are the guys in the hard hats worried about the monkeys? When do you hack a motel air-conditioner? How does Coleman get high with cat toys? Who is expecting the dildo? And will book tours ever be the same after Serge decides to check one out?
Told in alternating flashbacks between Serge and Coleman’s childhoods and the present day, The Pope of Palm Beach is a witty and deliciously violent delight from the twisted imagination of Tim Dorsey.
About the Author
Tim Dorsey was a reporter and editor for the Tampa Tribune from 1987 to 1999, and is the author of twenty-three novels: Naked Came the Florida Man, No Sunscreen for the Dead, Pope of Palm Beach, Clownfish Blues, Coconut Cowboy, Shark Skin Suite, Tiger Shrimp Tango, The Riptide Ultra-Glide, When Elves Attack, Pineapple Grenade, Electric Barracuda, Gator A-Go-Go, Nuclear Jellyfish, Atomic Lobster, Hurricane Punch, The Big Bamboo, Torpedo Juice, Cadillac Beach, The Stingray Shuffle, Triggerfish Twist, Orange Crush, Hammerhead Ranch Motel, and Florida Roadkill. He lives in Tampa, FL.
“You gotta love an author who knows how to deliver humor and wit along with a riveting mystery that keeps you from putting the book down until the very end. An author who has never let the book lover down.”
— Suspense Magazine
“Dorsey’s satiric skewering spares nothing and no one in this riotous farce that’s almost too much fun to call reading.”
— Providence Journal
“Breathtaking and very cleverly written.... The narrative rocks and the story rolls.”
— Criminal Element
“[Serge and Coleman’s] wildest and funniest ride yet, resulting in plenty of sex, drugs, violence, and lottery winnings.”
“Iconic.... [Dorsey’s] legion of fanatic fans will howl with love as Serge gaslights the law and sets the record straight.”
— Florida Times-Union
“…fans of wacky crime fiction will have plenty of fun.”
— Publishers Weekly
“If you’re looking to shake off the winter doldrums with a solid, laugh-a-page read with some innovative mayhem applied to deserving parties, this is the novel you want and need.”