John Grisham's program has SOLD OUT. We have notified those who won our lottery. With attendance limited to 200, tickets went quickly. BUT you can still order an autographed copy to pick up after the event!
Celebrate John Grisham’s 30th novel – Camino Island – and his first bookstore tour in 25 years and we’re on it! Seating is extremely limited – see event guidelines below. John Grisham visits Quail Ridge Books on Tuesday, June 13. As with any event this extraordinary, there are special rules that make it different from our typical author program.
Mr. Grisham and his publisher want it to be as personal as possible, so he can spend time with fans. The program will be held in our store and attendance is limited to 200 admission-ticketed attendees. Each person ordering is limited to two attendance tickets. Each ticket is $28.95 (plus tax), and includes a copy of Camino Island, and the option to purchase a second copy from QRB (for a maximum of two books per ticket).
Tickets to attend the program have sold out. We are now taking orders for signed books for those who cannot be at the event, including mail orders. Orders may be in person at the store, by phone (919-828-1588), by email to email@example.com, or online (see shopping cart below). For all orders, we will need your email for contact information regarding this event. We will not use it for any other purpose.
John Grisham will be joined in conversation by authors Jill McCorkle and Randall Kenan.
He will personalize books (ex. 'To Janice') for those at the event and allow photos. We are taking personalization requests (to a name only; no long inscriptions) for orders for those who cannot attend, but we cannot promise they will be fulfilled; it's as Mr. Grisham's time permits before the program. (Books will definitely be signed.) He will only be signing copies of Camino Island (no backlist, please).
Ticketed attendees will be issued wristbands, to make it easier to come and go from the store. Below is a list of North Hills dining options and map, for those staying in the area.
There will not be a signing line after the program. Camino Island is published June 6. If you are a ticket holder and pick up your copy before the June 13 program and find you cannot attend, you must get your copy back here before 11 a.m. that day for it to be signed!
The very important event details are:
- The event for John Grisham/Camino Island will be ticketed and will include a copy of Camino Island.
- Each person ordering is limited to two attendance tickets.
- The signing line will be strictly limited to 200 people only.
- Mr. Grisham will personalize and sign up to 2 copies of Camino Island (1 copy included with event ticket, 1 copy purchased on-site only).
- NO BACKLIST WILL BE SIGNED.
- Photos will be permitted.
- The event will be structured into two parts: book signing and discussion/Q&A.
- Your ticket will gain admittance to both the signing line AND in-store discussion.
- The book signing portion of the event will be from 1:00 TO 5:00PM ONLY. You must have your ticket on-hand to join the line, which will be first-come, first-serve.
- All books MUST be signed during the 1:00 TO 5:00PM window – there will NOT be an autographing after the event.
- Mr. Grisham’s in-store discussion will begin at 5:00PM. You must keep your ticket on-hand to join the discussion portion of the event.
- Seating at the discussion will be first-come, first-serve. There will not be assigned seating.
BOOK DESCRIPTION: Camino Island is John Grisham’s 30th novel. A gang of thieves stage a daring heist from a secure vault deep below Princeton University’s Firestone Library. Their loot is priceless, but Princeton has insured it for twenty-five million dollars. Bruce Cable owns a popular bookstore in the sleepy resort town of Santa Rosa on Camino Island in Florida. He makes his real money, though, as a prominent dealer in rare books. Very few people know that he occasionally dabbles in the black market of stolen books and manuscripts. Mercer Mann is a young novelist with a severe case of writer’s block who has recently been laid off from her teaching position. She is approached by an elegant, mysterious woman working for an even more mysterious company. A generous offer of money convinces Mercer to go undercover and infiltrate Bruce Cable’s circle of literary friends, ideally getting close enough to him to learn his secrets. But eventually Mercer learns far too much, and there’s trouble in paradise as only John Grisham can deliver it.
A gang of thieves stage a daring heist from a secure vault deep below Princeton University's Firestone Library. Their loot is priceless, but Princeton has insured it for twenty-five million dollars.
|North Hills services.pdf||183.3 KB|