Quail Ridge Books & Music is an independent shop with a friendly, knowledgeable staff dedicated to providing the best in customer service. Founded in 1984 by Nancy Olson, the store provides a wide variety of carefully selected books, events, discussion groups and town hall meetings.
Our Readers’ Club, at a low cost of $15 per year per household, offers discounts and other special privileges. Our community outreach includes fund raising and arranging for children’s authors to visit schools. QRB’s School & Institutional Sales Department provides excellent service and competitive discounts. Our Music Department specializes in classical, jazz, and traditional music and presents a diverse program of free concerts.
- Publishers' Weekly Bookseller of the Year
- The Pannell Award for Excellence in Children's Bookselling
- The Haslam Award for Excellence in Bookselling
Books Online - Music and More in the Store
You can buy books and audiobooks through our website. We have more in our store, including cards, gifts, and a large selection of classical and jazz CDs.
CD information is not available on the website, so call (919-856-1415), email (email@example.com), or drop by to check for the music you are interested in.
Why Shop at Quail Ridge Books & Music and Other Independent Businesses?
- To keep your money in your community: about three times as much than if you shop at a chain and infinitely more than at a web-only vendor. Money that stays in your community pays for schools, parks, roads, and essential services.
- To help us continue to support many local charities and causes, including:
- To provide a gathering place for town meetings on topics such as social security and the roles of media and religion in democracy.
- To support the community of book and music lovers. We have hundreds of events for authors and musicians every year, many for first-time writers.
- To encourage variety. The combined offerings of independents offer you a wider selection of books and music than chain stores do. Independents are willing to risk attention and shelf space on new authors and musicians, nurturing our next crop of authors.
- To not put all your media in one basket. Independents provide essential protection against corporate censorship, which may blacklist authors and musicians for their topics, language, or beliefs.
Thank you for supporting your local independent book and music store!