Priority Seating FAQs
Why are we doing this?
- Allows you more time to arrive at the event and know your seat will be waiting.
- Rewards those who support our events by purchasing the author's book. Author tours are expensive for the publisher, and putting on events is expensive for the bookstore. If we can sell enough of their books publishers will keep sending us authors and we will be able to keep hosting them and you will be able to enjoy meeting them.
What if my spouse/friend and I want to sit together?
- If you would both like a reserved seat you may buy two books.
- Or, one of you may sit in the reserved seat and the other in the open seating. In this case your spouse/friend may join you in the signing line.
I already ordered/purchased a book elsewhere.
If you would like to support Quail Ridge Books and reserve a seat, then you may:
- Cancel your order or return the book. Donate it. Gift it.
Do I have to purchase a book to come to the event?
- No, only if you want a reserved seat.
- There are a limited number of seats in the reserved and free, general seating area, as well as a limit to how many people we may have in the store. If you don't have a reserved seat we encourage you to come early to claim your seat.