Our store has moved to our permanent setting:
4209-100 Lassiter Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
Our hour and phone number are the same as always:
Mon - Sat: 9am - 9 pm; Sun: 10am - 6pm
Quail Ridge Books is an independent shop with a friendly, knowledgeable staff dedicated to providing the best in customer service. Founded in 1984 by Nancy Olson, the store provides a wide variety of carefully selected books, events, discussion groups and town hall meetings. Owner Lisa Poole bought the store in 2013 and is dedicated to keeping it local!
Our Readers’ Club, at a low cost of $15 per year per household, offers discounts and special sales. Our community outreach includes fund raising and arranging for children’s authors to visit schools. QRB’s School & Institutional Sales Department provides excellent service and competitive discounts. Our Music Department specializes in classical and traditional music and presents a diverse program of free concerts.
- Publishers' Weekly Bookseller of the Year
- The Pannell Award for Excellence in Children's Bookselling
- The Haslam Award for Excellence in Bookselling
We're open Mondays through Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Our Sunday hours are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
We are closed on: New Year's Day, the first Sunday of January (Inventory Day), Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
On the following days we are open 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.: New Year's Eve, Memorial Day (Monday), July 4, Labor Day, Halloween, Christmas Eve, and December 26.
Books Online - Music and More in the Store
You can buy books and audiobooks through our website. We have more in our store, including cards, gifts, and a notable selection of classical, traditional, and local CDs.
Most CD information is not available on the website, so call (919-856-1415), email (email@example.com), or drop by to check for the music you are interested in.
Quail Ridge believes in freedom of speech and thought. We don’t take sides or take a stand on political issues, even those we may feel strongly about individually. Instead, we believe in providing a haven for constructive discussion and the free exchange of ideas, including those that may be controversial or distasteful to us or some of our customers.
Our shelves hold an array of titles containing ideas as diverse as the world in which we live. We believe it is in the best interest of our community and our democratic society for ideas of all kinds to be available to interested individuals, regardless of what our own tastes may be. We respect our customers’ diverse tastes and beliefs and leave it to them to make their own judgments and decisions. Our events include authors of all beliefs and backgrounds, and speakers from around our community and the world.
We welcome curious minds and look forward to helping all customers find the information and answers they seek.
Why Shop at Quail Ridge Books and Other Independent Businesses?
- To keep your money in your community: about three times as much than if you shop at a chain and infinitely more than at a web-only vendor. Money that stays in your community pays for schools, parks, roads, and essential services.
- To help us continue to support many local charities and causes, including:
- Our Angel Tree every December
- The Literary Council of Wake County
- To provide a gathering place for town meetings on topics such as social security and the roles of media and religion in democracy.
- To support the community of book and music lovers. We have hundreds of events for authors and musicians every year, many for first-time writers.
- To encourage variety. The combined offerings of independents offer you a wider selection of books and music than chain stores do. Independents are willing to risk attention and shelf space on new authors and musicians, nurturing our next crop of authors.
- To not put all your media in one basket. Independents provide essential protection against corporate censorship, which may blacklist authors and musicians for their topics, language, or beliefs.
Thank you for supporting your local independent book store!
We're known for our many events with authors, illustrators, and musicians. For those coming from out of the area, or just needing a place to eat before an event, the North Hills area offers a wealth of dining options. Hotels are within walking distance of our store. Below is a .PDF directory of North Hills' other services.
|North Hills services.pdf||183.3 KB|