QUAIL RIDGE BOOKS & MUSIC
Ridgewood Shopping Center
3522 Wade Ave., Raleigh, NC 27607
Quail Ridge Books & Music is an independent shop with a friendly, knowledgeable staff dedicated to providing the best in customer service. Founded in 1984 by Nancy Olson, the store provides a wide variety of carefully selected books, events, discussion groups and town hall meetings. New owner, Lisa Poole, bought the store in 2013 and is dedicated to keeping it local!
Our Readers’ Club, at a low cost of $15 per year per household, offers discounts and special sales. Our community outreach includes fund raising and arranging for children’s authors to visit schools. QRB’s School & Institutional Sales Department provides excellent service and competitive discounts. Our Music Department specializes in classical and traditional music and presents a diverse program of free concerts.
- Publishers' Weekly Bookseller of the Year
- The Pannell Award for Excellence in Children's Bookselling
- The Haslam Award for Excellence in Bookselling
We're open every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
We are closed on: New Year's Day, the first Sunday of January (Inventory Day), Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
On the following days we are open 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.: New Year's Eve, Memorial Day (Monday), July 4, Halloween, Christmas Eve, Day After Christmas, and Labor Day.
Books Online - Music and More in the Store
You can buy books and audiobooks through our website. We have more in our store, including cards, gifts, and a notable selection of classical, traditional, and local CDs.
Most CD information is not available on the website, so call (919-856-1415), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop by to check for the music you are interested in.
Why Shop at Quail Ridge Books & Music and Other Independent Businesses?
- To keep your money in your community: about three times as much than if you shop at a chain and infinitely more than at a web-only vendor. Money that stays in your community pays for schools, parks, roads, and essential services.
- To help us continue to support many local charities and causes, including:
- To provide a gathering place for town meetings on topics such as social security and the roles of media and religion in democracy.
- To support the community of book and music lovers. We have hundreds of events for authors and musicians every year, many for first-time writers.
- To encourage variety. The combined offerings of independents offer you a wider selection of books and music than chain stores do. Independents are willing to risk attention and shelf space on new authors and musicians, nurturing our next crop of authors.
- To not put all your media in one basket. Independents provide essential protection against corporate censorship, which may blacklist authors and musicians for their topics, language, or beliefs.
Thank you for supporting your local independent book and music store!
From the west (using I-40), take exit 289 (Wade Ave.) and go 3.5 miles. Quail Ridge Books & Music is on the left, between the 2nd and 3rd traffic lights. Turn left at either traffic light to enter Ridgewood Shopping Center.
From the west (ex. Pittsboro, Siler City, Ashboro), take 64 East, then 1 North (Raleigh exit). Get off at the Wade Avenue exit (4A). Make a right on Wade Avenue. Go two traffic lights and make a left on Faircloth, into the Ridgewood Shopping Center. We are next to Rite-Aid.
From the east (ex. Knightdale, Rocky Mount), take 64 West toward Raleigh. Take the 440 Beltline North, making a right onto the Beltline. Take the Wade Ave. exit. Make a right onto Wade Avenue. Go two traffic lights and make a left on Faircloth, into the Ridgewood Shopping Center. We are next to Rite-Aid.
From the north (ex. Henderson, Louisburg), take 1 South (Capitol Blvd.) to the 440 Beltline North, making a right onto the Beltline. Get off at the Wade Avenue exit (4A). Make a right on Wade Avenue. Go two traffic lights and make a left on Faircloth, into the Ridgewood Shopping Center. We are next to Rite-Aid.
From the south (ex. Sanford, Southern Pines), take 1 North. Get off at the Wade Avenue exit. Make a right on Wade Avenue. Go two traffic lights and make a left on Faircloth, into the Ridgewood Shopping Center. We are next to Rite-Aid.
From the southeast (ex. Garner, Clayton, Fayetteville), take 70 or 401 (whichever is more convenient) toward Raleigh. Both 70 and 401 become South Saunders St. Take McDowell Street exit off of South Saunders, which has you entering downtown Raleigh. Turn left onto Hillsborough St. Go past NC State and turn right on Faircloth St. (at the Crown gas station). Cross Wade Ave. (your next light) and enter the Ridgewood Shopping Center. We are next to Rite-Aid.
From the I-440 beltline, take exit 4 (Inner beltline from the south), turn right onto Wade Avenue at the bottom of the ramp and turn left into the shopping center at the 2nd light after your turn. Or, take exit 4A (Outer beltline from the north) onto Wade Avenue and turn left at the 3rd light. Faircloth Street is on your right as you turn left into Ridgewood Shopping Center.